The aims of Left-Handers Day are:
- To raise awareness of left-handedness and the challenges caused by living in such a right-handed world.
- Educate designers and manufacturers to accommodate left-handers’ comfort and safety in new product and building design
- Celebrate the strengths and advantages left-handers possess, and dispel many of the superstitions and fiction that have surrounded left-handedness in many cultures for hundreds of years, and which still create prejudice today.
- Provide the greatest possible range of tools and equipment specifically designed for left-handers to use – making everyday tasks easier than left-handers have ever experienced, and making a positive difference to their lives.
- Promote research into various aspects of left-handedness. This year we publish the initial results of our Life Choices Survey and promoting further research to compile a picture of the jobs, activities and hobbies that left-handers tend to choose and why.